How do I pay my water/sewer bill?

  1. Pay water/sewer bill online
  2. At the Village Clerk’s office during regular business hours

Questions about your water/sewer bill – contact the Village Office- 518- 692-2755

How do I pay my Village taxes?

  1. Pay taxes online
  2. At the Village Clerk’s office during regular business hours.

How do I get a dog license?

Contact the Town Clerk at 518-692-7611

Do I need a building permit?

Properties in the Village need a building permit for:

  • Demolition
  • Permanent construction/structure
  • Additions
  • Structural repairs
  • Any construction having piers, pillars, slab or foundation wall
  • Sign
  • Fences
  • In-ground pool
  • Solar Panels
  • Driveways
  1. Applications are available at the Village Clerk’s Office or at villageofgreenwich.org. Code Enforcement Officer Eric Becker can provide assistance regarding requirements and procedures. 518 232-8252. Text preferred.
  2. Filing fee is payable upon submission.
  3. Applications for new construction must include a plot plan of any proposed new construction and a brief building plan. General contractors must show a certificate of Worker’s Compensation or an affidavit of exemption.
  4. New construction must secure a building permit from Washington County Code Enforcement prior to project launch. Local Regulation Compliance Sheet (LRCC#1) must be signed by local official before any permit can be issued. Washington County Code Enforcement is responsible for all building inspections and the issuance of Certificates of Occupancy in the Village of Greenwich. The application to Washington County must be endorsed by the Village Zoning Officer. At the completion of the project a compliance certificate (LRCC#2) must be completed by the Village Code Enforcement Officer.
  5. Any denied applications may be appealed to the Village Zoning Board of Appeals. Meetings are scheduled as needed. Village Zoning Board of Appeals application fee is $50.00 plus the cost of any additional mailing.

What are the regulations for garbage disposal?

Garbage is picked up curbside Thursday mornings, except major holidays. The appropriate number of Village Yellow Solid Waste Disposal (SWD) sticker(s) must be affixed. Garbage without Village SWD stickers will not be picked up.

Village SWD stickers are available:

  • At the Village Clerk’s Office during open hours.
  • Through the mail with a check or money order and a self-addressed envelope.
  • At the Hannaford Service Desk (small additional fee)
  • Online (small additional fee)

Fee Schedule:
15-gallon bag – $2.50 – One (1) Sticker
30-gallon bag – $5.00 – Two (2) Stickers
45-gallon bag – $7.50 – Three (3) Stickers

What are the recycling regulations?

Single-stream recycling pick-up occurs every Thursday except major holidays. You may put any accepted materials from the list below into one container.
Note:  recycling will not be picked up if non-accepted materials are found mixed in the same bin.

The Village DPW asks that you separate newspapers, as they are donated to a local business.

Materials Accepted for Recycling

  • #1 – 7 Plastic Bottles
  • #1 – 7 Plastic Tubs & Screw Top Jars
  • Cans
  • Clean/Balled Aluminum Foil (2″ or larger)
  • Aluminum Pie Pans
  • Corrugated Cardboard & Paper Bags
  • Empty Pizza Boxes
  • File Folders
  • Glass Bottles & Jars
  • Loose Metal Jar Lids & Steel Bottle Caps
  • Magazines, Brochures & Greeting Cards
  • Paper-back books
  • Paperboard boxes
  • Paper Egg Cartons
  • Paper Milk/Juice Cartons (No Foil Pouches)
  • Phone Books
  • Rigid Plastics
  • Shredded Paper (must be in clear plastic bags)
  • White or Pastel Office Paper

Materials NOT Accepted

  • Household Garbage
  • Ceramics
  • Diapers
  • Drinking Glasses
  • Hangers
  • Hard Back Books
  • Hazardous or Bio-hazardous Waste
  • Hoses, Ropes, Wire, Cords, Chain or Cable
  • Light Bulbs
  • Mirrors
  • Napkins & Paper Towels
  • Needles or Syringes
  • Paper Ream Wrappers
  • Plastic 6-Pack Holders
  • Plastic Bags
  • Plastic Microwave Trays
  • Plates
  • PVC Pipes
  • Pyrex

Spring Pick-Up: yard waste & ashes must be bagged or raked into a container or barrel.
Picked up curbside TWICE MONTHLY on the 1st and 3rd Thursday
Yard Waste – If bagged, leave top of bag open. NO stickers required
Ashes – Place in container – MUST be cool

The following items are picked up ONCE A YEAR during Spring Clean-up Week (date announced by Village Clerk):

  • Tires – Must have appropriate Village SWD Stickers
  • White Goods – Must have appropriate Village SWD Stickers
  • Furniture – Must have appropriate Village SWD Stickers
  • Scrap Metal (Ferrous) – No longer than 5’ in length, will stick to magnet.
  • Scrap Metal (Non-Ferrous) – Aluminum, copper, brass, etc. in containers. Will not stick to magnet.
  • Hardcover Books – Must be dry and in a container