Regulations for Garbage Disposal
Garbage is picked up curbside Thursday mornings, except major holidays. The appropriate number of Village Yellow Solid Waste Disposal (SWD) sticker(s) must be affixed. Garbage will not be picked up without Village SWD stickers.
Village SWD stickers are available:
- At the Village Clerk’s Office during open hours.
- Through the mail with a check or money order and a self-addressed envelope.
- At the Hannaford Service Desk (small additional fee)
- Online (small additional fee)
15-gallon bag – $2.50 – One (1) Sticker
30-gallon bag – $5.00 – Two (2) Stickers
45-gallon bag – $7.50 – Three (3) Stickers
- Yard waste & ashes must be bagged or raked into a container or barrel.
- Picked up curbside TWICE MONTHLY on the 1st and 3rd Monday
- Yard Waste – If bagged, leave top of bag open. NO stickers required
- Ashes – Place in container – MUST be cool
Spring Clean-Up Week
The following items are picked up ONCE A YEAR during Spring Clean-up Week (date announced by Village Clerk):
- Tires – Must have appropriate Village SWD Stickers
- White Goods – Must have appropriate Village SWD Stickers
- Furniture – Must have appropriate Village SWD Stickers
- Scrap Metal (Ferrous) – No longer than 5’ in length, will stick to magnet.
- Scrap Metal (Non-Ferrous) – Aluminum, copper, brass, etc. in containers. Will not stick to magnet.
- Hardcover Books – Must be dry and in a container
Regulations for Single Stream Recycling
Single-stream recycling pick-up occurs every Thursday except major holidays. You may put any accepted materials from the list below into one container.
Please Note: recycling will not be picked up if non-accepted materials are found mixed in the same bin.
The Village DPW kindly asks you to separate newspapers, as they are donated to a local business.
Please clean your recyclables properly! The Village has been notified that efforts are being made to reduce contamination in recycling loads. Audits are conducted by the recycling company which may result in contamination charges. Please comply!
- #1 – #7 Plastic Bottles
- #1 – #7 Plastic Tubs & Screw Top Jars
- Clean & Balled Aluminum Foil (2″ or larger)
- Aluminum Pie Pans
- Corrugated Cardboard & Paper Bags
- Empty Pizza Boxes
- File Folders
- Glass Bottles & Jars
- Loose Metal Jar Lids & Steel Bottle Caps
- Magazines, Brochures & Greeting Cards
- Paper-back books
- Paperboard boxes
- Paper Egg Cartons
- Paper Milk/Juice Cartons (No Foil Pouches)
- Phone Books
- Rigid Plastics
- Shredded Paper (must be in clear plastic bags)
- White or Pastel Office Paper
Materials NOT Accepted
- Household Garbage
- Drinking Glasses
- Hard Back Books
- Hazardous or Bio-hazardous Waste
- Hoses, Ropes, Wire, Cords, Chain or Cable
- Light Bulbs
- Napkins & Paper Towels
- Needles or Syringes
- Paper Ream Wrappers
- Plastic 6-Pack Holders
- Plastic Bags
- Plastic Microwave Trays
- PVC Pipes